We provide consultancy services for public sector reforms, decentralisation and good governance in developing countries for enhanced service delivery for the poor. We strive to provide these consultancy services of the highest international quality and Integrity.
Our Code of Ethics and Corporate Conduct is based on five core principles:
- Professional Integrity, Independence and Objectivity
- Responsibility to the Management Consulting Profession
- Integrity and Anti-corruption Policy
DEGE Consult is committed to the provision of high quality services to its clients. The company therefore
- only accepts assignments in areas that match the qualifications, experience and capacity of its consultants and the firm as a whole. The company’s management therefore rigorously selects and supervises its employees, associate consultants as well as any other partner.
- is committed to continuously improve its knowledge base, capacities and tools in its areas of expertise, and to extend to its clients the benefits of professional know how and achievements.
- provides continuous quality assurance and reviews its services to the extent necessary in order to minimize errors for the maximum benefit of the client.
Dege Consult encourages its individual consultants to pursue research activities of relevance to its core businesses and will wherever financially feasible prioritise assignments of policy orientation and with research elements.
DEGE Consult regards the client’s needs and requirements as paramount and takes special care to act in the best interest of the client at all times. In line with this principle, DEGE consultants
- hold all information concerning the affairs of clients in the strictest confidence and do not disclose proprietary information obtained during the course of the assignments or consultancy service.
- ensure that advice, solutions and recommendations are based on thorough, impartial analysis and consideration of all available facts and relevant experience. They also guarantee that any professional advice provided is realistic, practicable and clearly understood by the client.
- ensure that the client is kept fully informed about any progress made during the assignment and diligently take note of any feedback provided by the client.
- act with courtesy and consideration towards the individuals contacted in the course of undertaking assignments.
DEGE Consults are committed to rigorously maintain their professional integrity, independence and objectivity.
They will strive to accommodate clients’ interests without compromising legislation or the Code of Ethics and Corporate Conduct, and to maintain an open and transparent dialogue.
Consultants avoid any action inconsistent with the company’s professional obligation or which in any way might be seen to impair the individual consultant’s integrity. When formulating advice and recommendations, consultants will be guided by the objective view of the client’s best interests. Following these principles, consultants
- do not accept assignments that might lead to a conflict of interest, They will not serve a client under circumstances which are inconsistent with the consultant’s professional obligations or which in any way might be seen to impair the consultant’s integrity. Wherever a conflict of potential conflict of interest arises, the consultant will withdraw from the assignment, remove the source of conflict or disclose and obtain the agreement of the parties concerned as to the performance or continuance of the engagement.
- disclose at the earliest opportunity any special relationship, circumstances or business interests which might influence or impair the consultant’s judgement or objectivity on a particular assignment. This requires the prior disclosure of all relevant personal, financial or other business interests which could not be inferred from the description of the services offered.
- will not use any confidential information about the client’s affairs, elicited during the course of an assignment, for professional benefit or for the benefit of others outside the client organisation. They will undertake everything to safeguard the client's legitimate interests, including ensuring a highest level of confidentiality.
- will advise the client of any significant reservations they may have about the client’s expectation of benefits from an engagement. They will not indicate any short-term benefits at the expense of the long-term welfare of the client without advising the client of the implications.
DEGE Consults are committed to rigorously maintain their professional integrity, independence and objectivity. They will strive to accommodate clients’ interests without compromising legislation or the Code of Ethics and Corporate Conduct, and to maintain an open and transparent dialogue. Consultants avoid any action inconsistent with the company’s professional obligation or which in any way might be seen to impair the individual consultant’s integrity. When formulating advice and recommendations, consultants will be guided by the objective view of the client’s best interests. Following these principles, consultants
- favours quality based selection for the contracting of its services and competes with other consulting firms on the basis of fair principles.
- contributes to building good business relationships by referring to other companies and their actions in an objective manner.
- adopts objectivity and impartiality when assessing the work performed by other consulting companies.
- respects copyrights.
DEGE Consult’s commitment to ethically based business practices is based on a strong belief in values of integrity and transparency.
DEGE Consult’s policy on anti-bribery and anti-corruption is guided and inspired by the work of Transparency International and the ‘Business Principles for Countering Bribery  in particular. These Principles are based on a commitment to fundamental values of integrity, transparency and accountability, which we fully subscribe to.
DEGE Consult recognises that anti-corruption and anti-bribery efforts need to be tackled at different levels, and thereby have a bearing on the company’s values, policies, processes, structures and leadership. DEGE Consultants are bound by values of integrity, transparency and responsibility and conduct business to the highest ethical standards, and therefore do not tolerate bribery and corrupt behaviour. Violations of anti-corruption laws can lead to costly enforcement actions against the company and the individuals involved, damage to the company’s good standing and its consultants, and criminal penalties against both the company and the individuals involved.
It is not possible to formulate a set of guidelines that applies to every possible situation that may raise questions under the anti-corruption law of each country in which DEGE Consult offers its services. Each consultant is advised to use common sense in identifying an activity that may violate the company’s anti-corruption policy or be subject to scrutiny by law enforcement officials. It is the responsibility of each consultant to contact the management team if s/he has any question about whether his or her action could potentially violate anti-corruption law.